The Bell Fort Worth Alliance Air Show was named best in the country.
Do rocks get your rocks off? Then you'll love this huge, early 19th century drawing of minerals.
|Mark Bradford, Q2, 2020. source|
Not too surprising, but a study has confirmed that people don't react uniformly to abstract paintings. Like is black about death or life?
Wabi, sabi, awari, and furiu. Learning about these Zen aesthetics was eye-opening.
- sabi - The necessity and pleasure of solitude.
- wabi - An appreciation of the commonplace.
Someone mashed up Stravinsky's Rite of Spring with Teletubbies and while that's interesting I prefer several others. Just go to YouTube and search for Teletubbies mashup and enjoy.
The lucky 13 behaviors of high trust leaders. #7 Get better.
Working from home hurts young people?
The case for the 6-hour workday.
The history of vinyl records - the LP.
|A subway map version of the periodic table of elements.|
Music in various stages of contemplation.
- LITHIUM by Alex Haas
- Bumerang by Hallebeek, Feliciati, and Voskull
- Ambient Forms by Sleepy Town Manufacture
- 10 Poems for Ronroco by David Kollar
- Psychedelic Future Dub (Vol. 6) by GAUDI
- Live by Eddie Jobson (I ordered this one)
- Superradiance by Eraldo Bernocchi and KK NULL (I bought this one)
- World Dialog by Stephan Thelen
- Missing Links I-IV, 5 CD remastered box set by Anthony Phillips
- Film Music 1976-2020 by Brian Eno
And then there's Predator, The Musical.
Bad news: lock picking by sound.
|All the Night Stalkers' aircraft in poster form.|
Background radiation is now limiting the performance of quantum computers.
Science has computed how long before the universe suffers "heat death" and every star is burned out. Before you click through, guess how many year. 10 to the power what?
Too hard? Try to guess the temperature of the last ice age.
|This year's fall foliage map.|
More pandemic resources:
...but a wise man sees others as himself. ~Dogen