- Steve Hackett performing In That Quiet Earth live
- King Crimson performing The ConstruKction of Light live
- Harold Budd and Clive Wright "jamming" earlier this month
- Twinscapes performing Shaken live
Guitar legend Allan Holdsworth will release an album of previously unreleased tracks and you have an opportunity to pre-order with various premiums at Pledge Music. I've already made my pledge.
|OK astronomy fan bois, get out your drool cups. Seems that there are two unexplained bright spots on the surface of dwarf planet Ceres. Alien bonfires or maybe raves?|
Seafarers will enjoy this 93 minute, 4K, uncut shot from the bow of a ship as it sails the South China Sea. Be sure to set the playback to 4K and go full screen.
|A map of sorts. Countries of the world sorted by land area.|
The North Korean government has come up with 130 new patriotic slogans. (I hope they didn't pay their PR firm too much for this.) They are comic gold. A couple examples:
- Let us build a fairyland for the people by dint of science! (I had to look up dint.)
- Electricity is the lifeline of the national economy. (If you've seen the same satellite photo I have, this slogan says maybe more than they intended.)
- Fertilizer means rice and socialism. (There's probably more fertilizer in these slogans.)
|Original concept art for Disney's Cinderella (1950) by Mary Blair. source|
|Here's the actual carriage (photographed by me at Disney's Hollywood Studios) used in the filming of Disney's new live-action Cinderella, due out next month.|
From the craft pr0n department comes this video love letter to plywood.
The average American's stress level is in the unhealthy range (4.9 vs. 3.7 on a 10 scale) and you can probably guess what the #1 factor is. So I'll tell you #2: work.
Get lost in Lights.
...what we least expected generally happens. ~Benjamin Disraeli