Saturday, March 10, 2018

Benefit comes from what is there...

BEST THING I SAW ALL WEEK:

The Northern Lights as seen from the cockpit of a U-2. source. Take a look and then share this.
Things to listen to.


Piet Mondrian, Composition 9, 1914. source. stunning, absolutely stunning.
Things to look at.

  • Key paintings of the 20th century: Part 1, Part 2. The latter really got my juices flowing.
  • Mark Bradford talks about Clyfford Still.

Claude Monet, Water Lilies. source. In Part of the "key paintings" article linked to above, this is the painting that made me stop my scroll.
News from DFW and Texas:

Ships and Planes:
  • The USS Lexington was discovered at the bottom of the Coral Sea. This is a good use of a billionaire's money.

A Boeing design from the design competition that led to North American winning with the XB-70. 
Legal:


Things I didn't know science could still discover:

Poop:
Play:

...usefulness comes from what is not. ~Lao Tzu

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The question you recently posted on Twitter (sans infringing embedded tweet) has just been rendered hypothetical

John said...

I hope I won't be charged for that legal opinion.