I can't wait until The Modern re-opens so I can spend time with Mark Bradford: End Papers. "The grid did save my life."
The Smithsonian has made millions of 2D images and 3D models available for free through the Smithsonian Open Access portal. What can you find? Here are two examples.
|H. Lyman Saÿen, Daughter in a Rocker, 1917-18.|
|3D scan of the crew hatch from the Apollo 11 command module.|
If you'd rather not tour a factory, how about a virtual ride on "it's a small world"?
The next time you come visit the office we'll go together to the Best Maid Pickle Museum and Emporium.
|Whomever photoshopped giant dildos over the guns carried by these stay-home protestors in Michigan is a genius. If you want to turn gun ownership into a fetish and a phallic display of manliness, this is what you get.|
Ze Frank is on a roll. Here are some of his recent, hilarious videos.
Who does Nick Beggs cite as the most influential bass players of all time? I can't say there any surprises. #4 John Paul Jones
|Michael (Corrine) West, White Heat Vibrations, 1982. A female painter who used a man's name professionally to find acceptance for her work.|
- A VIP subscription to guitarist David Kollar gives you everything he releases.
- eisprung, a free compilation of music from Markus Reuter
- Here's a video for Across the Azure Blue from the new album from Markus Reuter and Gary Husband, Music of our Times.
- Peter Gabriel released Live in Verona, concert videos of him in performance.
- Tony Levin performs On the Drums, a musical tribute to all the drummers he's played with.
- The Met is streaming opera in the evenings. Tomorrow is Borodin's Prince Igor.
- On YouTube you'll find Pink Floyd's 90 minute concert performance, PULSE.
- Marco Minneman's album, My Sister
- A blogger writes in detail about the Sylvian/Fripp live album, Damage. This album is one of my favorites but this guy REALLY loves it.
|Jupiter as seen by NASA's Juno spacecraft. More here.|
A list of C-19 stuff.
- Morgan Stanley's research on a Covid-19 timeline, including the "2nd peak."
- CDC's return to work guidelines for healthcare professionals.
- Our World in Data
- Tracking C-19's effective reproduction number.
- Harvard's Roadmap to Pandemic Resilience
- Scientists to Stop Covid-19
|Paint a wall inside your house to look like Spaceship Earth.|
I still haven't figured out Color Push. Maybe you'll have more luck.
Learn about what's happened while you've been alive with Life Stats.
...but to do so as late as possible. ~anonymous