Why experts often suck at public speaking. (Note that they all involve the speaker's relationship to the audience.)
- The curse of knowledge - they don't remember what it's like to not know what they know and therefore talk over their audience.
- They don't connect with their audience and remain aloof.
- Related to #1, they don't respect the audience because of their lack of knowledge.
- They offer no call to action, no food for thought.
- They fail to provide a single scintilla of significance.
|Galaxify your text with photos of real galaxies.|
Instead of a supercomputer, you could just customize a LEGO minifigure with your own head.
|The banana hanger is one the greatest kitchen inventions. But you can take things too far. They say this is what happens after 3 months. source|
...not realizing that life is made up of little things. ~Frank A. Clark.
[If you are thinking this post sucks more than usual, it's because of an unfortunate and unexplained accident that deleted a week's worth of bookmarks.]