It's time for the annual blog post no one asks for: my favorites of all the new (to me) music I bought this year.
But I'm exhausted and lack the energy to spend a lot of time on this - despite the fact that I really enjoy and appreciate virtually all of the sixty-six albums I got.
In no particular order...
Fractal Guitar 2 and Fractal Guitar 2 Remixes by Stephan Thelen.
In the Electric Universe by Mahogany Frog.
Naurora by Dewa Budjana.
Mutual Isolation by Burnt Belief
Apophenian Bliss by Red Kite
Music is Our Friend by King Crimson
But this list omits a lot of really enjoyable music.
- Fish's farewell album Weltschmerz
- FREEZE! Live in Europe 2020 by The Aristocrats
- Adam Holzman's live album Brave New World
- Anchor and Burden, the lead-in to a five album arc by Markus Reuter
- Saturday Night in San Francisco (pre-order)
And of course I need to credit the two record labels that create and share some of my favorite music.
Looking forward to 2022.
P.S. In hindsight, this blog post is horribly written. I blame fatigue.