Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Smoothie Recipe for Tom

Several months ago I promised my friend, Tom, that I'd share with him my recipe for the fruit smoothie I have virtually every morning for breakfast. (After 40+ years of cereals I was due for a change.) This makes two very full glasses.


Peach & Blueberry Smoothie
  • 1.75 cups apple juice
  • 2 heaping tbsp wheat germ
  • 2 heaping tbsp plain yogurt
  • 1 banana (w/o peel)
  • 1.5 cups frozen peaches
  • 8 0z frozen blueberries
The following ingredients are optional.
  • 1 envelope Carnation Instant Breakfast, vanilla
  • 1 capful Source of Life Liquid (my boys call this stuff "snot")
  • 1 tbsp cod liver oil
Combine all ingredients in smoothie maker or blender and blend until smooth.

For a strawberry smoothie, substitute strawberries for peaches and orange juice for apple juice.

No comments: