Saturday, August 6, 2011

I Like the Swiftpoint Mouse

I've been using the Swiftpoint wireless laptop mouse for quite some time now with my netbook and it's a pretty handy device.  I'm not coordinated enough to use a touchpad well so I was searching for an alternative and came across the Swiftpoint.

As you can see from the photo it's got a unique design where you grab the red part with your thumb, put your middle finger on the other side, and work the buttons and wheel with your index finger.  The wheel on the right can be flipped with your index finger or the whole device picked up and run alongside whatever surface you're using.  And speaking of surfaces, you can use just about anything.  I've used a conventional desktop, an armchair, carpet and the mouse works great each time.  Also, if you look closely in the photo you can see some damage where I dropped it about 6 feet onto a tile floor and it kept on working.

You can also see in the photo the Swiftpoint's charging station sticking out just a bit from a USB port.  The station is magnetic and attaches to a recess on the bottom of the mouse so you can carry around the netbook with the mouse attached - very convenient.

If you're looking for a highly portable mouse for your netbook or laptop, give the Swiftpoint a chance.  Check out the videos on their website at http://www.americas.futuremouse.com/.

My month's old Swiftpoint in action.
I received no compensation of any kind for this review.

No comments: