Saturday, November 15, 2014

The fundamental cause of trouble is that...

In which I tentatively dip my toes back into teh interweb pool of gibberish...

Oscar buzz: contenders for best animated short, and animated feature film.

Find out the time and learn a fact every minute with FactOClock.

NOW I see these 10 tips for improving your presentations. #3 Have a solid structure. Oops.

Four of Brian Eno's albums from the 1990s are being re-issued and not only are the original mixes being cleaned up but a large amount of bonus material is being added. Nerve Net (1992), The Shutov Assembly (1992), Neroli (1993), and The Drop (1997). My backlog of new music prevents me from buying these now, but soon... Preview tracks Fractal Zoom from Nerve Net and Prague from The Shutov Assembly are available at the site.

Here's a cool way to listen to King Crimson's Frame by Frame: only the rhythm and backing tracks.

Pierre Soulages, Peinture 324x181 cm, 17 November 2008, 2010. I recently began following the Abstraktion Blog and that's where i discovered this painting that reminded me of both Rothko and Innes.
And Pink Floyd's new album, Endless River, a tribute to deceased band member Rick Wright, is now available and previews can be heard at the band's website.

Why should rhythm be visualized using the common linear bar notation. How about a circle?

OK, Star Trek fan bois, get out your drool buckets for Star Trek Axanar.

Imagine The War of the Worlds spliced into vintage WW I footage and you've got Great Martian War. Very nicely done.

And Blue Skies is for aviation lovers - an "art film" made from footage of the Chisinau Airshow 2014. And while you're at it, watch the Wolfe Air Reel for "glamour shots."

Friggin. Ketchup. Fountain.
I have also begun following the Painter's Table blog for news about painting (duh), especially abstraction.

Every want to print your own paper with certain templates like crosshatch, dots, or grids? Checkout Printable Paper.

I've been keeping my Aviation Pr0n on my Pinterest album but this photo of a Special Ops CV-22 Osprey was too cool not to share.
Have a project that needs a codename? Use the Codename Generator. My codename is Aqua Copper.

Try not to laugh while watching this 4 minute clip from The Penguins of Madagascar. Or this one of All Hail King Julien.

Lettuce tops the list of America's favorite sandwich fillings. (My mother used to make me peanut butter and lettuce sandwiches for my school lunches because the lettuce kept the peanut butter from sticking to the roof of your mouth.)

How the hell does a pastrami or corned beef on rye end up at #42 on a list of best sandwiches? And at #1 is a very tasty sandwich that's too regional IMO to be at the top.

How old is my hearing? I have the hearing of a 50 year old which, I suppose, isn't all that bad.

But my sight isn't bad enough to question Voids, A Retrospective, an exhibit in Paris' Pompidou Centre which consists of 9 galleries completely void of works of any kind. I hope the entrance fee is equally void. But how did mustard fall to #4 and who the hell puts ketchup on a sandwich?

During my lifetime the earth's population has risen by over 4 billion. This and other factoids from the BBC's your life on earth.

Again with the maps. Here we see zip codes colored by affordability: blue is more affordable, red is less. Look at that blue swath up the nation's midsection. My zip code seems to be almost right in the middle: 15,330 out of 28,135.
And a big huzzah! for the wealthiest suburbs in America.

And one last map: ZIP code lookup for all sorts of stuff about where you live.

What a load of crap this is. What museums need to know for the future. "#1 Most adults are not interested in looking contemplatively at art. They want to be active, loud, and visibly engaged." Well then, they either need to STFU or stay home and look at art on their cell phones.

Blood bank. Sperm bank. And now Poop bank. Gives a whole new meaning to making a deposit.

And now your time-waster: Inspirograph.

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. ~Bertrand Russell

No comments: