Monday, February 16, 2015

Overworked and Overwhelmed by Scott Eblin

Overworked? Surely.
Overwhelmed? Without a doubt.
Help? Who has the time?

The title, Overworked and Overwhelmed, pretty much says it all when it comes to my decision to buy Scott Eblin's book while passing through Chicago's O'Hare airport. I was in the middle of reading Williams and Penman's Mindfulness and this one seemed to be the obvious addition to my reading list.

But me reading this is like an alcoholic reading a book called Drunk and Hungover in the sense it was more like reinforcing what I already knew rather than learning how to address it (although the subject matter is very similar). The latter is what I expect to get from Mindfulness, despite this ultimate goal being almost a year in the making.

How much longer will it take? I'll see if I can find the time.

I received no compensation of any kind for this review.

No comments: