Start with an aircraft and then right into abstract painting.
There's a website dedicate to the Bell X-2.
|Emily Mason, Ancient Incense, 1981. source|
My first music purchase from Unquiet Music is In The Name Of... (A Prayer For Our Times). From the label: "Please consider being in a rested state, wide awake in order to maintain concentration whichever duration you may define for listening to this music, at the risk of being annoyed."
From Vistage, the trends facing businesses in 2021.
- ecological (decreasing energy consumption and CO2 generation)
- social (healthcare, esp. in light of an aging population, income inequality, housing, education and the future of universities)
- technology (AI, cloud, mobile, robotics, VR/AR, 5G, and the tech made more important by all of the above - cybersecurity)
- economic (pandemic stimulus, housing (new home starts up at the same time as evictions are up), effect of digitization on retail sales)
ICYM, the new Tulips live music venue in the location formerly occupied by Collective Brewing, is also a "Texas kosher" deli.
Are you hungry enough to eat a 20 pound cheeseburger?
|Kelly O'Connor's work explores our preoccupation with temporary, artificial happiness and uses many theme park motifs. In this case, it's Mary Blair's "it's a small world" at Disneyland. I love Blair's work across a variety of Disney projects and "it's a small world" is a zenith of her brand of minimalist design and eye for color.|
Attention Star Wars geeks: droid stamps are coming from the USPS this year. I'm quite partial to all gonk droids.
Pantone's color of the year for 2021 (actually colors) are ultimate gray and illuminating (yellow) for a sense of resilience and hope.
For those of you interested in such things (historians?), Trump's Twitter archive.
It's a real conundrum. Why is the universe expanding so much faster than we think it should be?
Learn from these Emergency Room reports: don't stick things in your butt.
Tony Levin has a new book of photography from his life on the road. Check out this teaser video.
Disney's four keys to a great guest experience. It's a worthwhile read to see how these keys have evolved.
And the music...
- From Fish's farewell album, Garden of Rememberance. (bought)
- An archive of cylinder recordings.
- Konton No 34 Nen by Sigillum S
- Dedicated to P, an EP by David Kollar ft. Pat Mastelotto and Paolo Raineri. (bought)
- Terry Riley: Sun Rings by Kronos Quartet (bought)
- Psychedelic Future Dub Vol. 7 by GAUDI
- Harmonic Hospitality by centrozoom
- Power by Daniel Lanois
- Sonic Pulses by David Kollar (bought)
- Sleep 001 by The Ambient Zone (probably gonna buy)
- LTE3 by Liquid Tension Experiment (pre-ordered)
- Coalescence of Time: Other Conjectures on Future by Sigilum S
- Mode for Titan by Josh Werner (bought)
|The F-111H was designed as a competitor for the B-1. I had no idea. The F-111 holds a special place in my heart due to two close encounters with it early in my career.|
|How can you tell whether a B-2 is male or female? Turn it over and look at it's belly. Not really, but what you'll see is cool despite lack of genitalia.|
|The Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce rebranded themselves and I like it.|
...but a terrible master. ~Ram Dass