Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Stieg Larsson's The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Next

The girl who did these
things was a truly a complex,
unique character.

My friend Chris said that the 2nd of Stieg Larsson's three thrillers that began with the hit The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo was the best. That's why I had to read both The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest consecutively to see whether I agree with him.

I do. Fire gave me the most surprising plot twist in any book that I can recall. Overall the book delivered consistent intrigue without the squirmy and nasty sex from the first book.

Hornet's Nest took way too looooooooooooong time to get going.

Larsson's protagonist was a pretty unique character and his death makes me wonder if we'll ever read anything about Lisbeth Salander again. At least the trilogy makes for good reading.

I received no compensation of any kind for this review.

No comments: