Saturday, May 30, 2015

The Places Where I Worship You by Caught in the Wake Forever

Forever is held
within a single moment
bounded by vast space.

When my ambient music sensei wajobu tweeted "just buy this" I immediately ordered The Places Where I Worship You by Caught in the Wake Forever (aka Fraser McGowan).

I was not disappointed.

"The six tracks here all consist of environmental recordings taken on [The Island of Arran, Scotland], along with manipulations of an old 78 rpm record bought in a charity shop at the ferry port upon leaving for home."

As with other ambient recordings that have left an impression on me, The Places Where I Worship You evokes a relaxed immediacy of time and place, speaks to mysteries hidden in plain sight, and opens a vast aural landscape with plenty of space to breath. Give it a listen:


  • Stream (and then buy) The Places Where I Worship You on Bandcamp.
  • Listen to it on YouTube.
"I know nothing about music, but I sure like the sound it makes."

I received no compensation of any kind for this review. 

No comments: